Move Mining from Disruption to Production
SHYFTinc is an influential player in the mining supply and service sector that’s leading digital transformation by developing, implementing, and integrating innovative industrial products and services. SHYFTinc is focused on providing effective solutions that make mining safer, more productive, and more profitable.
The SHYFTinc team is made up of talented, creative problem solvers, developers, and visionaries. A combination of strong client focus, industrial trouble-shooting skills, and a drive to continuously improve safety, predictability, and profitability in mining makes our team tick. SHYFTinc is a growing company focused on recruiting and retaining top-calibre talent.
We are currently seeking candidates for immediate hire. This is an 8-week temporary contract with possibility for extension, working 40-hours per week (eligible for overtime). The Electrical Panel Builder is responsible for building, wiring, and installing all electrical components in the control panels as well as other equipment. The successful candidate will provide essential support as required to the Shop and will also assist on various projects.
Primary Job Duties:
• Wire and build industrial control panels (e.g. PLC, Network, solenoid) based on schematics, blueprints, and/or wire schedule
• Thoroughly test and troubleshoot electronic control panels and sub-assemblies
• Assist co-workers as needed to complete project and assigned tasks
• Read, understand and follow electronic schematics and wiring diagram
• Manage inventory levels and stock equipment and/or materials
• Assist with purchasing, shipping, receiving, packaging and material staging
• Keep equipment and working area organized, clean and safe
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with our Quality Management System
• Maintain a safe operating environment
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
• Minimum two-year College Diploma in Electrical field or equivalent
• Registered electrical apprentice or qualified to be registered is an asset
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints/drawings
• Knowledge of the Ontario electrical code and standards is an asset
• Experience with Electrical, PLC, Protection and Control panel building is an asset
• Must do neat and precise work and be knowledgeable with computer usage
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills
• Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle
• Fluent in English (written and oral)