Move Mining from Disruption to Production
SHYFTinc is an influential player in the mining supply and service sector that’s leading digital transformation by developing, implementing, and integrating innovative industrial products and services. SHYFTinc is focused on providing effective solutions that make mining safer, more productive, and more profitable.
The SHYFTinc team is made up of talented, creative problem solvers, developers, and visionaries. A combination of strong client focus, industrial trouble-shooting skills, and a drive to continuously improve safety, predictability, and profitability in mining makes our team tick. SHYFTinc is a growing company focused on recruiting and retaining top-calibre talent.
SHYFTinc is responsible for managing a large air quality monitoring network throughout the Greater Sudbury Area, and we are looking to expand not only into other markets but also other service areas. We are seeking an innovative leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to help manage and grow our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Environmental Services team, reporting to the SHYFTinc President. They will be responsible to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate processes, policies and procedures that follow industry best practices. They will also be responsible to assign tasks and projects to personnel as required.
Primary Job Duties:
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the Environmental Services division to include: staffing performance/levels, budgets, and financial goals.
- Review and approve all proposals/estimates prior to client submission prepared by team members.
- Allocate resources according to project needs.
- Ensure client relationships are nurtured and maintained.
- Liaise with other SHYFTinc divisions and the President in the departmental planning process and in day-to-day operations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures applicable to SHYFTinc Environmental Services division.
- Participate in the development of KPIs for performance measurement for both individual team members and the Manager in collaboration with the President and Human Resources.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of new employees for the division by working closely with the Recruiter and Human Resources.
- Participate in business development activities as required as a technical expert for your division.
- Maintain a safe operating environment.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in product or service support.
- Proven background in management and project management.
- Experience in strategic planning and business management considered an asset.
- Strong business development skills.
- Strong understanding of mining-related environmental legislation.
- Knowledge of mining related processes a definite asset.
- Strong technical background/ knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle.
- Willing to travel.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
SHYFTinc offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. SHYFTinc offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of this job posting, please contact Human Resources at (705) 673-4444.
All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted and candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.