The successful candidate will be responsible for product and service development initiatives. They will drive the product architectural vision and define the overall architecture for projects. The Software Architect will also be responsible for providing design services, programming, testing, implementing new systems and collaborating with colleagues to drive out business and technology decisions. Key success factors include strong passion and commitment for delivering effective solutions with the eager to learn in a rapidly changing industry.
Skills and Requirements:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience.
- Minimum five (5) or more years of full software development life cycle including a track record of delivery.
- Minimum two (2) years of hands-on experience implementing large end-to-end platform solutions in a complex environment.
- Expertise in industry software development, as well as mainstream programming ideologies and techniques (architecture and design).
- Strong comprehensive knowledge of at least one of the following development technologies and working knowledge of several others: C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC, VB.NET, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design using UML.
- Strong organizational and business skills required for planning and budgeting.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple responsibilities.
- General knowledge of mining, mining processes and process control.
- Strong analytical thinker (quickly grasp and analyze complex issues, diagnose multi-dimensional problems and devise insightful/appropriate responses or strategies to address them).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-motivated, positive, and able to deliver ‘On Spec, On Time, On Budget.
- Ability to travel to meet clients as required and access to a vehicle.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).