We are currently seeking an entry level General Labourer Panel Builder for immediate hire. This is a 16-week temporary contract with possibility for extension, working up to 40-hours per week (eligible for overtime). The General Labourer Panel Builder is responsible for fabricating, building, and assembling all mechanical and electrical components in control panels as well as other equipment. This will also include shipping and receiving, and inventory control and they will provide essential support as required to the fabrication shop and assist on various projects.
Primary Job Duties:
- Fabricate and build industrial electrical control panels (e.g., PLC, Network, solenoid) based on panel layouts.
- Assist co-workers as needed to complete project and assigned tasks.
- Assist with inventory levels and stock equipment and/or materials.
- Assist with shipping, receiving, packaging and material staging.
- Keep equipment and working area organized, clean and safe.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with our Quality Management System.
- Maintain a safe operating environment.
As with any position with SHYFTinc, the General Labourer Panel Builder is responsible for adhering to company policies and procedures, maintaining a safe operating environment, and may also have other duties assigned as required.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Must be mechanically inclined and experienced with power tools (drills, jigsaw, electric hack saw, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret panel layout and mechanical drawings.
- Must do neat and precise work with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Experience with Electrical, PLC, Protection and Control panel building is an asset.
- Knowledgeable with computer usage (MS Office suite) is an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a personal vehicle is an asset.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
SHYFTinc offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. SHYFTinc offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of this job posting, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.