We are seeking an innovative leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to help manage and grow our team. Reporting to the President of SHYFTinc, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Research and Development team. They will manage and direct the team to meet organizational needs to capitalize on the development of potential new products. This critical role oversees complex research projects, analyzes results, and provides recommendations based on findings. The Technology Development Manager will assess the scope of research projects and ensure timely delivery within budget. They will ensure that project/division milestones/goals are met, adhering to approved budgets, while having full authority for personnel actions.
- Actively participate in business development initiatives to support growth.
- Ensure client relationships are nurtured and maintained.
- Oversee and coordinate appropriate staffing levels, resources, and processes required to deliver new software, new hardware or upgrade existing products.
- Successfully deliver projects through sound leadership and decision-making.
- Participate in project and solution design and allocate resources to balance competing demands.
- Review and approve proposals and estimates prepared by team members.
- Manage operational and fiscal activities including staffing levels, resource allocations, as well as budgets and expenditures, to meet financial, strategic, and operational goals.
- Maintain a safe operating environment.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline.
- (5+) years of leadership experience as a technical and strategic manager.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and provide leadership regarding technology and product development matters is essential.
- A broad awareness and understanding of a variety of technologies across the disciplines of mechanical, electrical and software design, development, and implementation.
- Understanding of software development fundamentals, engineering design principals, and strong IT systems integration experience.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/Kanban methodologies.
- Business development and project delivery experience in an industrial environment.
- Business experience within the relevant scientific and technological domains gained through collaboration with industry, academia, government, or other partnerships, demonstrating highly effective interpersonal skills.
- The ability to provide guidance regarding technology selection and application and appropriate insights into testing methodologies across a wide range of products and technologies is advantageous.
- Experience and understanding of product development and standard design procedures is advantageous.
- Effective problem solving, conflict resolution, time management, and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional project management and technical report writing skills.
- Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle.
- A refined writing, speaking and presentation capability in English is essential.
- Fluency or functional ability in other languages would be considered an asset, including Spanish, French and Portuguese.
- Willing to travel.
- Demonstrated broad understanding of current and relevant scientific, technical, and business issues, and of organizational and external factors and trends that impact the R&D division’s success.
- Ability to direct and engage organizational capabilities and to effectively lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team, balancing revenue, and scientific-knowledge-generation activities.
- Significant knowledge of program and project management, strategic and operational planning.
- Significant ability to lead and inspire change while applying best practices in the management of human resources, finances, and projects, achieving ongoing efficiencies and improvements.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, to work cooperatively and effectively with a broad range of employees, colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
SHYFTinc offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. SHYFTinc offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of this job posting, please email Human Resources at email@example.com.
All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.