The Implementation Specialist is responsible for a variety of engineering and automation work activities which includes over-seeing installations, completing custom designs, and programming work on a small scale to meet specific client demands, developing wiring and schematic drawings, scope of work documents, bill of material documents, assisting with proposal documents, completing project status reports and regularly interfacing with our clients.
The Implementation Specialist also demonstrates a strong commitment to client satisfaction and proven experience with PLC programming and electrical or electronics design. They will join a dynamic team of multidisciplinary engineering and software professionals who effectively manage projects while striving to achieve outstanding results.
Your Primary Accountabilities
- Manage small and medium implementation projects with the aid of the reporting manager and engineering support staff.
- Responsible for project progress tracking, updates, and status reporting.
- Prepare project estimates and scope of work documents.
- Conduct/coordinate technology demonstrations and presentations.
- Lead the preparation of project-costing estimations.
- Prepare functional descriptions.
- Interpret logic diagrams.
- Interpret electrical and instrumentation drawings.
- Perform system commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and deliver operator training sessions and courseware.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and client satisfaction.
Your Personal Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering technology college diploma or a university degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics or related fields.
- 5+ years working experience with progressive experience including team lead or project manager on small to medium sized projects in an electrical, automation or other related field in industrial or mining environments
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of engineering design standards, guidelines and applicable electrical codes.
- Strong industrial experience, with experience in surface and underground mining.
- A broad awareness and understanding of a variety of technologies across the disciplines of mechanical, electrical and software design, development and implementation considered an asset.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, to work cooperatively and effectively with a broad range of employees, colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
- Extensive computer knowledge in industry applications, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
- Able to ensure that all programs and controls maintain a safe operating environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and report writing skills.
- Effective problem solving, conflict resolution, time management, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong project management and technical report writing skills.
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a personal vehicle.
- A refined writing, speaking and presentation capability in English is essential.
- Willingness to travel, if required, and attend meetings and field visits on client sites.
- Fluent in English (written and oral). Fluency or functional ability in other languages would be considered an asset, including Spanish, French and Portuguese.
SHYFTinc offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. SHYFTinc offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of this job posting, please email Human Resources at email@example.com.
All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.