Electrical Panel Builder
We are currently seeking candidates for immediate hire. This is a 16-week temporary contract with possibility for extension, working 40-hours per week (eligible for overtime).
The Electrical Panel Builder is responsible for building, wiring, and installing all electrical components in control panels as well as other equipment. The successful candidate will provide essential support as required to the fabrication shop and will also assist on various projects.
Primary Job Duties:
- Wire and build industrial control panels (e.g. PLC, Network, solenoid) based on panel layouts and wiring diagrams
- Thoroughly test and troubleshoot electrical control panels and sub-assemblies
- Assist co-workers as needed to complete project and assigned tasks
- Manage inventory levels and stock equipment and/or materials
- Assist with purchasing, shipping, receiving, packaging and material staging
- Keep equipment and working area organized, clean and safe
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with our Quality Management System
- Maintain a safe operating environment
As with any position with SHYFTinc, the Electrical Panel Builder is responsible for adhering to company policies and procedures, maintaining a safe operating environment, and may also have other duties assigned as required.
Essential Job Requirements & Experience:
- Minimum two-year College Diploma in Electrical field or equivalent
- Registered electrical apprentice or qualified to be registered is an asset
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings
- Knowledge of the Ontario electrical code and standards is an asset
- Experience with Electrical, PLC, Protection and Control panel building is an asset
- Must do neat and precise work and be knowledgeable with computer usage (MS Office suite)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with exceptional report writing skills
- Valid driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
SHYFTinc offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. We invite applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. SHYFTinc offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of this job posting, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence. Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.